Deflection of Beam under continuous load, by integration.
You must use the method of integration to find the equation for the deflection
of the shown beam at its center.
Consider as given :|
Length of beam : L
Weight per unit lenth : wo
Moment of inertia of cross-section :
Young's modulus : E
- Determine the equation for the support forces, R1
- Sketch of the relevant Free Body Diagram you are using to determine
the equation for the internal shear force V(x).
- Integrate V(x) to find the equation for the internal momemt M(x).
- Integrate the equation E I y" = M(x) to find y(x).
- State the conditions from which to determine the integration
constants and determine the integration constants.
- Determine the equation for the deflection at x=L/2 in terms of
L, E, , and wo.